This ice cream is surprisingly creamy and easy to make, the base being avocado mousse (yes, I ate most of the stuffing before putting it in the tins, guilty!). It's gluten-free, lactose-free and sugar-free (only naturally present in dates)! Perfect for babies and children.
- 1 to 2 Ripe Avocados around 180grs
- 40 grs about 5 tablespoons of raw cocoa powder
- 150 grams of dates or 125 grams of another sweetener to taste
- 1 cup 250ml of vegetable milk (I used coconut)
- In a food processor place all the ingredients.
- Grind for a few seconds until it becomes a silky mixture.
- Distribute the cream in ice cream molds.
- Shake the ice cream molds so the cream settles and doesn't get airy.
- Place in the freezer for at least 12 hours.
Recipe and images by Vania Ribeiro from the Made by Choices blog