Today I bring you a delicious and velvety vegan chocolate cake filled with whipped cream and strawberries and decorated with red fruits. It is super fluffy and moist inside! Take a look at the recipe.
- 1 cup of spelled (or wheat) flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup of coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp. of baking powder
- 1 tbsp. of baking soda
- 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- ¼ of oil (can substitute for coconut oil or vegetable butter - all melted)
- 1/3 cup apple puree
- ¾ cup of almond milk
- 1 packet of whipped vegetable cream together with 2 tbsp. of agave (I used rice cream)
- In a bowl, gather all the wet ingredients and reserve. In another bowl join the dry ingredients and mix them well.
- Gradually, and stirring constantly, add the wet and dry ingredients until you have a homogeneous mixture.
- Let the dough rest for 5min.
- After resting, stir again and place the dough in a greased and floured pan. (Place cocoa instead of flour in the pan so that the cake is darker and more beautiful)
- Bake at 180º for 30/35min.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before cutting it in half.
- Beat the cream with the agave. Separate 1/3 of the cream into a separate bowl and mix the sliced strawberries with the rest.
- Cut the cake in half and fill it.
- With what's left of the cream, decorate the cake as you like. I put in strawberries, blueberries and some chia seeds.
- Take the cake to the fridge for at least 20 minutes or until serving. Enjoy!
Recipe and image authored by Ana Sofia Rosado from Spicy Vegg blog