We are shocked by the news that we see coming every minute regarding the situation in Eastern Europe. We are in disbelief and paralyzed, but we don't want to be left without knowing how to act. We want to help and contribute in some way to minimise the suffering of those most affected by this war. So we've put together some ways in which you can roll up your sleeves and help those who need us the most right now!
This list is not extensive, it is just a brief compilation of collectives and individuals who are organising to contribute with humanitarian aid.
Collection points from North to South of the country (in alphabetical order):
- Associação Amizade, Rio Tinto - collection of essential goods.
- Associação Desportiva Despertarecord, Setúbal - Collection of food items to Ukraine and other essentials (canned goods, individual juice packs, individual milk packs, small water bottles, powdered milk, individual snacks, toothpaste, diapers, alcohol, plasters/swabs, etc.)
- Bombeiros Voluntários, Óbidos - collection of essential goods.
- Casa Veritas, Guarda - collection of essential goods.
- Centro de Saúde de Santo Ovídio, Setúbal - Collection of essential goods and medicines (pillows, blankets, blankets, toothpaste, toothbrush, common medicines: analgesics, etc. preserves, ready-made soups, matches, water, sugar, salt, pasta, rice; bandages, shampoo, warm clothes, pants, blouses, thermal clothes in different sizes, wipes, towels; etc)
- Faculdade de Direito da Universidade de Lisboa - Collection of essential goods.
- IRA - Intervenção e Resgate Animal, Lisboa - Collection of food and items for animals from refugees (dog and cat food, leashes and collars in various sizes).
- Junta de Freguesia, Amarante - Collection of essential goods.
- Junta de Freguesia do Areeiro, Lisboa - Collection of medicines for war wounded, construction materials, clothing and hygiene products.
- Junta de Freguesia, Monte Redondo - collection of essential goods.
- Lojas Windoor de Torres Vedras, Batalha. Leiria, Évora e Lagos - collection of essential goods.
- Pavilhão do Furadouro, Óbidos - collection of essential goods.
- Polícia Municipal, Gaia - collection of essential goods.
- Quartel dos Bombeiros Voluntários de Pombal - collection of essential goods.
- Recolha de bens em Zambujal, São Domingos de Rana - Bedding items, blankets, pillows, water, sugar, salt, quick soups, bread, preserves, pasta, cookies, medicines, dishes, pans, matches, toothpaste, soaps, shampoo, alcohol, towels, toilet paper, diapers, clothes. Telephone no.: 964268134 - Rua Bela Vista 120 B, Zambujal, 2785-280
- Refood Faro - Collection of blankets, sleeping bags, bed-sheets, towels, medicines, bandages, diapers, plasters, men's, women's and children's clothing, hygiene products, canned goods and non-perishable foods.
- Rosa Viva - Loja Social da Mealhada no Estádio Municipal da Mealhada - Recolha de bens essenciais
- Seminário Cristo Rei, Gaia - Vans are requested to help with transport to Poland and Ukraine and baby food, canned goods and non-perishable foods.
- Translowcost na Estrada das Eiras, Coimbra - collection of essential goods.
If you are aware of other humanitarian aids and initiatives, send us an email with all the information to [email protected] so we can update this list.
Thank you so much 🙏🏻