This peanut butter curry is delicious, super speedy and incredibly easy to make. It will leave you feeling full and satisfied and it is also super nutritious and packed with “good for you” ingredients. Absolute comfort food.
Serves 2 people
- 1 1/2 tsp. coconut Oil
- 1/2 Yellow onion (medium, diced)
- 1 garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 1/2 tsp. ginger (grated)
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter (no sugar by Blissout)
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp sea Salt
- ½ red bell pepper (sliced)
- ½ courgette (sliced)
- 1 carrot (medium, peeled and sliced)
- 1 cup button mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup broccoli (cut into florets)
- 2 cups chickpeas (cooked)
- ½ lime (juiced)
- 2 tbsp. fresh coriander (chopped)
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-low heat and melt the coconut oil. Add the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the spices and cook for another 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the water to deglaze the pan, then stir in the peanut butter.
- Add the vegetable broth and almond milk. Stir until all is smoothly combined.
- Add the bell pepper, mushrooms, zucchini, carrots and chickpeas and stir well to mix. 10 minutes later add the broccoli florets. Add salt and black pepper.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the lime juice and coriander.
- Divide into bowls, and top with more fresh coriander if desired.