“Best veggie burger” award for these delicious patties. They are yummy, filling, crunchy and rich in proteins and good fats. Perfect for batch cooking. Prepare them ahead of a busy week and keep them in the fridge or freezer. Serve them with salad and a creamy tahini sauce for extra flavour and protein.
- 200 grams lentils
- 800 ml of water
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 40 grams oat flour
- 40 grams linseed flour
- 180 grams carrots, grated
- 180 grams courgette, grated
- 120 grams walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- handful of coriander, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp of tahini sauce
- Green salad leaves
- Cook the lentils with double the amount of water for around 25 minutes. Drain and let cool for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil and sauté the onions, garlic and ginger. To the saucepan add half of the drained lentils. The other half of lentils move to a food processor and blend with walnuts until you get a smooth pure. Set aside.
- Grate the carrots and courgette and drain them well with a paper cloth to remove all water. Once drained, mix the carrot and courgette with the walnut/lentil mixture and add oat flour and linseed and the other mixture of sautéed onions and lentils. Add chopped coriander and mix everything well, season with salt and pepper.
- Start forming some patties with your hands and grill them with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. (You should make about 12 - 14 burgers).
- Serve with some tahini sauce and a big green salad.