A comforting and heart-warming healthy soup, perfectly crafted for the roughest autumn days. All the comforting flavour of a good broth matched by the silky texture of the oyster mushrooms. A cold weather comfort food at its finest.
Serves: 4 people
- 1 cup (100 g) oyster mushrooms
- 1 cup (100 g) orzo pasta or similar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1/3 tsp paprika (optional)
- 5 cups water
- olive oil and salt to taste
- Wash the mushrooms and rip them into strips. Peel and chop the onion and garlic.
- Place the bay leaf, onion and garlic in a large pan along with a generous dash of olive oil and sauté.
- Once they start releasing their fragrances, add the vegetable stock, paprika, water and salt to taste and let boil.
- As soon as it starts boiling, add the mushrooms and pasta. Cook for about 15 minutes until the mushrooms become tender.
- Add salt as needed and serve hot.