For those who may be transitioning to a meatless diet, these roasted mushrooms almost look like a steak, don't you think? Let's try them out with a creamy bean mash that is also delicious, nutritious and so easy to make.
- 450g cooked white beans
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of tomato concentrate
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Black pepper and smoked sweet pepper to taste
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme, rosemary and sage
- Start by preparing the sauce for the mushrooms: add the tomato paste, olive oil, soy sauce, black pepper and smoked paprika.
- Brush the mushrooms with the mixture.
- Place the thyme, rosemary and sage at the bottom of a tray and place the mushrooms on top and bake for about 30/40 minutes, turning the mushrooms halfway through.
- In the meantime, make a stew with onion, garlic, bay leaf and add the already cooked beans.
- Add 2 ladles of the bean cooking water and let it cook over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, grind everything with a hand blender and serve with the mushrooms.
Recipe and image by Mariana Chaves from the blog My Feed Choices