Learn how to prepare a delicious and comforting vegetarian Lentil Bolognese. An easy, tasty, economical and very nutritious recipe. With a high protein content, this practical and simple recipe is perfect for the whole family at any time of the year.
For 3 people:
- 50g pasta of choice
- 100g dried orange lentils
- 100g of tomato pulp or passata
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 onion
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- parsley to garnish
- Start by finely chopping the onion and sauté it in olive oil over low heat;
- When it becomes translucent, add the carrot into small pieces (I like to cut it into slices and then into 4) and let it cook slightly (add a little water if necessary);
- Then add the tomato pulp and season;
- After some time, after the pulp has lost some of its acidity, add the lentils and cover with water;
- Let it cook and serve with the previously cooked pasta and chopped fresh parsley.
Note: Do not forget that it is important to accompany this meal with a soup or a good salad!
Recipe and images by nutritionist Ana Isabel Monteiro on the Laranja Lima nutrição
Are you a fan of Lasagna? Then try a delicious Lentil Lasagna from the Versão Verde blog.