This recipe was created by Eva from the Vegan Vibe Box page (the first 100% plant-based snack box company in Portugal). This recipe is simple, healthy and a real delight. Don't let her get away.
Quantity: 10 units
- 150 g broccoli (I use the whole vegetable)
- 50 g of grated vegetable cheese
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 to 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable soy cream
- 45 g of breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the broccoli very well and put them in boiling water.
- After they are cooked, I let them cool and drain, to release all the water.
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients (broccoli, vegetable cheese, vegetable cream, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper) and grind until there are still some pieces. If you prefer, grind until it becomes a paste.
- If you don't have a processor, you can perfectly make this recipe with a potato masher.
- The preparation goes in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Ideally, you prepare the mixture the night before, but … with the busy life we have, maybe you don't remember or you don't have time. If you notice that the preparation is too soft, add a little more breadcrumbs. If it's too dry, add a little of the broccoli cooking water.
- As an extra you can also add fresh coriander if you like, of course.
- Then you have two ways to cook them, make small balls and: 1 – place them on a tray, in the oven at 200ºC, about 10 minutes on each side or 2 – fry in very hot oil.
- I haven't tested it on the Airfryer yet but it's in my plans. If you try it, share with me how they turned out.
- It's a great option to put in your lunch box for work.
- Serve it with a mayonnaise sauce and… delight yourself 🙂
Recipe provided by Eva Pais from the Vegan Vibe Box page (Unsplash image).
If you want to know more about the fantastic Vegan Vibe healthy snack boxes, check out all the options here in our store: