In this meatless Monday, we bring you another vegan adaptation of the traditional Portuguese recipe of “Tuna and black eyed bean salad”. This adaptation ensures a practical and light meal that is also nutritionally complete - super rich in fiber and protein. Perfect for hot summer days. It can be enjoyed warm or cold, always served with good olive oil, lots of lemon juice and fresh parsley.
- 2 cups of black eyed beans, cooked
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large bunch of parsley, minced
- 2 cups of mushrooms, sliced
- 300 grams of cubed smoked tofu
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ Lemon Juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Start by preparing all the ingredients: peel and mince the onion and garlic clove, wash the mushrooms thoroughly and cut them into slices.
- In a saucepan, cover the bottom with two tablespoons of olive oil and heat for 1 minute over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and gently fry. Add half of the chopped parsley. Stir well. Add the tofu cubes and the mushrooms. Stir well and cook until the mushrooms have lost all the water. When cooked, add the beans, salt and pepper and stir well.
- Remove from heat and place in a salad bowl with another tablespoon of olive oil, half lemon juice, and the other half of the chopped parsley. Mix everything and serve.