A simple, healthy recipe with a touch of Moroccan flavours. Perfect for both cooler and warmer days where a more complete meal with a touch of the Middle East is welcome.
- 300 grams of chickpeas (previously soaked and cooked)
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 fit heart
- 2 Kale cabbage leaves
- 1 courgette
- 1/2 chayote
- 1 tsp Moroccan Spice Blend (Paprika, Cumin, Cinnamon and Ginger Powder)
- 2 tablespoons of coriander
- 2 tablespoons of almonds
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil, to taste
For the sauce:
- 200 grams of unsweetened plant-based yogurt
- juice of half a lemon
- Heat a frying pan with oil and sauté the chopped onion and garlic. Add the diced peppers, the zucchini and the diced chayote, the almonds, the julienned cabbage and the kale in strips and increase the heat.
- Season with salt, pepper, and the Moroccan spice mix, and cook until the vegetables are softened. Turn off the heat, add the pre-cooked chickpeas, stir well, taste and adjust seasonings. Wrap it all right.
- For the sauce, just put everything in a bowl and mix.
- Finally, serve the stew over the yogurt sauce and sprinkle with chopped coriander.
Recipe by Flor Oliveira, Veond app