These light and raw taco cups are naturally low in carbs but full of flavour. Made with raw almonds, walnuts, carrot, spring onions, courgette, avocado, garlic, ginger, cayenne, coriander, lemon juice, they mineralize the body to combat acidic wastes, deliver antioxidants and omega-fatty acids to calm inflammation, tons of fiber to clear the colon, and nutrient-dense water to flush out toxins from the liver, kidneys, and cells. This combo is also packed with protein. It is perfect as a light lunch or as a meal to take to work, to a pic-nic or to the beach.
Serves 2 people (makes 4 tacos)
- 4 lettuce cups / 4 leaves separated
For the filling:
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- ½ cup walnuts
- 4 tablespoons chopped carrot
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons diced courgette
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
For the topping:
- 3 tablespoons finely diced carrot
- 3 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons finely diced avocado
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- To make the filling, throw everything except the coriander into a food processor, and pulse until coarsely chopped and resembles the texture of “wet taco meat”. Stir in the chopped coriander.
- Divide the filling and toppings in 4 parts.
- To serve, place four lettuce leaves on to a plate.
- Divide the mixture between the four lettuce cups, and add the toppings. Serve immediately.