Very traditional flavours adapted to a vegetarian diet - a comforting oven dish often used at this time of the year: tofu with cornbread, potatoes and cabbage.
Serves 4 people
- 300 grs tofu
- 150 grs corn bread
- 8 unpeeled potatoes
- 4 cabbage leaves - large
- 3 onions - large
- 4 cloves garlic
- lemon juice I used half a lemon
- 2 bay leaves
- handful of coriander or parsley
- olive oil
- black pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper pinch
- pinch salt
- Start by washing the tofu very well and cutting it into strips.
- In a jar add the lemon juice, 1 to 2 grated garlic cloves, black pepper, sea salt, cayenne pepper and some sprigs of chopped coriander. Mix everything very well.
- Wrap this mixture in each piece of tofu, overlapping each piece so that all sides absorb the marinade.
- Leave to marinate for a few hours or overnight.
- Heat two pans with water and a pinch of sea salt.
- Thoroughly wash the cabbage leaves and cut into strips.
- Wash the potatoes a lot and cut into slices.
- When the water is boiling, add the cabbage leaves and potato slices. Let it bake.
- Cut the onions into slices and chop two cloves of garlic. In a skillet, add the onion, garlic, bay leaves and oil. Let it cook until the onion is well browned. Season with a dash of black pepper. Reserve.
- In a food processor, add the bread, the remaining coriander and a clove of garlic. Chop everything coarsely. Reserve.
- Heat a non-stick skillet (I like to use the skillet I sautéed the onion in) and grill the tofu on both sides (2 to 3 minutes on each side).
- In a baking dish, make a layer of boiled cabbage, a layer of small potatoes, a layer of onions, a layer of grilled tofu and finish with the chopped cornbread.
- Bake at 180º until the bread is browned.
- Serve still hot!