Light and fluffy vegan omelette served with wilted spinach and vegan cheese for a fabulous vegan breakfast or light meal. This omelete made with chickpea flour is egg-less, gluten free, highly nutritious and rich in fiber.
Simple, quick, healthy, vegan cheese omelette recipe that makes a perfect breakfast, brunch, lunch or light dinner.
Makes 1 big omelete
- ½ cup of chickpea flour
- ¾ cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano (or other dried herbs)
- ⅓ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- A handful of spinach
- 1 to 2 slices of vegan "cheese"
- In a bowl mix the flour with the water. Stir well until combined. Then add the garlic powder, oregano, turmeric, salt, pepper and nutritional yeast. Stir well.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a nonstick frying pan which has a lid. Pour the flour mixture into the frying pan. Place the slices of vegan cheese and spinach on top of the mixture and let it cook covered. When done remove from frying pan, fold in half and cut into two pieces (if making recipe for 2 as a light dinner).
- Serve with a salad.