Delicious vegetable sausage (alheira) croquettes with apple. This recipe was created and made by Janine Oliveira - author of the blog Green taste Cuisine. The recipe is made with Fumeiro Vegano sausages (or Portuguese alheiras) available for purchase here at Veond.
- Olive oil (6 tablespoons)
- 1 laurel leaf
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- Fumeiro Vegano vegetable sausage (available here with 20% discount)
- 1/2 grated apple
- 3 slices of bread
- 1/2 cup of vegetable milk
- black pepper to taste
- Nutmeg to taste
- Chopped parsley to taste
- Wheat flour as needed
- Sugar-free vegetable milk as needed
- salt or black salt to taste
- Breadcrumbs as needed
- Remove the film from the alheira. Crush the alheira and reserve.
- Place the slices of bread in a bowl with the milk and let the bread absorb the milk completely.
- Chop the onion and garlic and place in a pan with the oil, bay leaf and let it cook for 6 minutes. Add the alheira to the bread and mix well by hand. Add to the pan, season with salt, nutmeg and pepper, let it cook for 5 minutes, and stir. After this time, add the chopped parsley and turn off.
- Remove the mixture from the pan and add the grated apple. Mix well with your hands and allow to cool. When cool, shape the croquettes. Pass through flour, then through milk with black salt and finally through breadcrumbs.
- Fry in hot oil and then drain on absorbent paper. If you prefer a healthier alternative, bake at 200º for 20 min.