A recipe inspired by typical autumn flavours and ingredients. Perfect dish to eat while listening to the rain outside.
Serves 3 people
- Pumpkin puree (1/2 cup)
- Vegetable butter with salt (3 tbsp.)
- half a large chopped onion
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 150 grams of Mushroom mixture (shimeji, eryngii, pleurotus)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 vegetable smoked sausage or farinheira
- 1 cup of risotto rice
- Vegan white wine (1/3 glass)
- Homemade vegetable broth with salt (750g)
- chopped fresh parsley, to taste
- Cut the pumpkin in half, remove the seeds and cut into cubes. Boil the pumpkin in enough water until it is soft. Add to a food processor together with a little of the cooking water and grind at maximum speed until pureed.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, place 1 tablespoon of butter. Chop the onion and garlic. Add to the pan and let it brown. Insert the mushrooms and let them brown. Season with salt and pepper
- Chop the farinheira roughly. Add more than half of the farinheira to the pan and sauté. The other piece is sautéed in a pan with oil until golden and then used to serve.
- Add the rice, stir, add the wine and let it evaporate for about 5 minutes. Gradually introduce the vegetable broth. Whenever the broth is absorbed by the rice, introduce more and so on until it evaporates. The last time to add the broth, add the pumpkin puree and mix well. Let it cook until there is some liquid to become creamy.
- Turn off the heat, add the chopped fresh parsley, pepper and remaining butter and stir one last time.
- Serve immediately and place the sautéed farinheira on top. As I didn't have vegan parmesan, I didn't test it in the recipe, but if you want, you can put it.