The perfect comfort food, a creamy dish that not only tastes super good but that is also super easy to make. Vegan and gluten-free.
- 2tbsp of gluten free cornstarch
- 1tbsp of dijon mustard
- 500 ml of sugar-free soy drink
- 30 g of nutritional yeast
- 1 clove of garlic
- 200 g of brown shimeji mushrooms
- 2tbsp of olive oil
- 200 g of gluten-free fusilli
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Nutmeg to taste
- sprouts or chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- In a large pot or frying pan, lightly sauté the previously chopped garlic with the olive oil. Add the mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, dilute the cornstarch in the vegetable drink, and add the mushrooms.
- Stir until thickened.
- Remove from heat and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add nutritional yeast and mustard and mix well.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta to the sauce and serve it still hot!
- Garnish with sprouts or a little chopped parsley!
Tip: You can replace shimeji mushrooms for shitake or others, which will still be delicious!
Recipe and images by the author Ana Ferreira from Versão Verde blog