"Tofish" This dish is my Green Version of fried fish, and to give it that sea flavour, I wrapped the tofu in nori seaweed before wrapping it on to the batter, but I'll explain the step by step below...
- 1 block of firm tofu
- 2 nori seaweed leaves
- Oil for frying (+/- 400-500ml)
For the batter:
- 1/2 cup of grain flour
- 1/2 cup of wheat flour
- 2 tbsp. of linseed flour
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 300 ml of sparkling water
- Start by draining the tofu well. Cut the block in half (like a cake) and then each half into 4 strips.
- Now, cut the nori seaweed leaves into 4 squares and roll each tofu strip into a piece of seaweed and set aside.
- Put the oil to heat while preparing the batter.
- In a bowl, place all dry ingredients, and mix. Then add the sparkling water little by little, stirring constantly. Now, with the help of a fork, to pass each strip of tofu in the batter, and fry in oil.
- When it turns golden (about 1 minute) turn it over and then place it on a plate with absorbent paper, to drain off any excess oil that has remained.
- Suggestion: Serve it with some lemon wedges, and you'll find it gives a wonderful touch. You can eat this Tofish, accompanied by a salad, or in a taco, stuffed with a little kale heart and pepper salad, and topping with yogurt and avocado sauce. For yogurt and avocado sauce: 2 heaped scoops of natural soy yogurt, 1 crushed avocado, juice of half a lemon, Salt and pepper to taste. Just mix everything and enjoy!!!!
Recipe and images by the author Ana Ferreira from Versão Verde blog