With this recipe, I wanted to achieve the comfort of being able to eat a typical Portuguese dish, without the burden on conscience and health, creating a 100% vegetable recipe. I think I've achieved a balanced dish, which doesn't make us miss sausages loaded with saturated fat.
This recipe uses the seitan and chorizo or organic shitake sausage from Irmãos Oliveira, which you can order directly from Veond with a 30% discount.
Preparation time: 1h
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 cabbage
- 1 vegan sausage or vegan alheira Irmãos Oliveira
- 1 block of seitan (250gr)
- 1kg of cooked red beans
- 200gr of tomato pulp
- 2 bay leaves
- 1tsp of ground chilli
- 1tsp of ground black pepper
- 1tsp of salt
- Start by preparing all the ingredients. Chop the onion and garlic, cut the carrots into cubes, and the cabbage into pieces. Cut the seitan into 2 to 3 cm cubes and the chorizo into slices.
- In a pan, saute the onion and garlic together with the bay leaf. Add the carrots and cabbage and stir. Add the beans and the water from your cooking (or from the jar if you buy), the seitan and the sliced chorizo and mix well.
- Add the tomato pulp and seasonings and when it comes to a boil, lower the heat and cook for about 30 minutes until the sauce clears and the flavors melt.
- Serve with white rice.
Recipe and images by the author Ana Ferreira from Versão Verde blog