Recipe by Horácio Trattoria restaurant in Lisbon
Address: Beco da Lapa 31/ Beco do Maquinez 16 1100-331 Lisbon, Portugal
For “Turkey-not Turkey”:
- 200 gr of soy steaks
- 2.5 liters of boiling water
- 500ml of white wine
For fresh pasta:
- 300 gr Type 0 flour
- 100 gr of type 00 flour for fresh dough
- 4 Vegg (vegan substitute for egg)
- Salt as needed
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 drop of water
Turkey-not-Turkey ragout (for 4 servings):
- 200 gr of textured soy
- 60 gr of celery
- 60g white onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 50 gr of extra virgin olive oil
- 80 gr of white wine
- 40 gr of dried tomatoes
- Black pepper
For vegetable broth:
- 2 tablespoons of “turkey, not turkey” cooking water
- 1.5 l of water
- 30 gr carrots
- 30 gr of celery
- 30 gr onion
- Marinate the soy steaks with water and more than half of the wine for 1 hour. During this time, prepare the fresh dough.
- After marinating 1 hour, cook the steaks with the other half of the wine and ½ liter of water. Save some of the liquid to prepare the ragout later.
- Prepare the fresh Tagliatelle dough: start by making a small pile with the flour and making a hole in the middle, put everything in the center and knead until you get a smooth dough. Place on the cling film for 1 hour at room temperature. Divide the dough into 4 parts. Roll out the dough and stretch. Cut into strips in the direction of the short part.
- Prepare the broth: put the celery, carrot, onion, parsley, turkey-not-turkey cooking water and salt in a pan. Cover with water and boil. Cook over low heat for 2 hours.
- Prepare the ragout: cut the celery, carrot, onion and garlic. Cut the herbs (thyme, rosemary, sage), cut the soy or non-turkey into pieces. In a pan with extra virgin olive oil, cook the cut vegetables with herbs for 10 minutes, then add the turkey-non-turkey soy steaks and sauté for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Deglaze with white wine. When the alcohol has evaporated, pour about 30 cl of broth. Cook for another 15 minutes.
- Cut the dried tomatoes and add to the ragout. Season with salt and pepper, add more fresh thyme and the ragout is ready.
- In a saucepan, boil the water with coarse salt. When boiling, add Tagliatelle. After 2 minutes, drain and place in a pan with the Ragout. Sauté with ½ ladle of broth over high heat for about 1 minute and serve