I found this pizza dough recipe made with pink lentils and I really liked it! It is light, with a crunchy edge, the flavour is smooth and very filling. I like it better than pizzas made with gluten-free flour! Makes an individual pizza base of 25cm.
- 1/2 cup raw pink lentils
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (neither more nor less. Otherwise, it may compromise the final result).
- Place the lentils in a colander and wash well.
- Drain and beat in a blender with the water and salt until it becomes a cream (on average 1-2 minutes)
- Attention: the lentils must be raw!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat (I like the mat more than the paper).
- Spread the dough on the lined baking sheet until you get a 25cm circle (I recommend this size because the dough will not be too thick or too thin, which is important for the final result).
- Bake (oven must be preheated) for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, change to the maximum temperature, put the filling of your choice and return to the oven for another 5-7 minutes. If using parchment paper, peel the dough paper and place the dough directly on the baking sheet before placing the filling. If the dough sticks to the paper, you may need to bake some more. I did the test with paper and with the silicone mat and with the paper it made bubbles, so I punched it with a fork.
- The longer it stays in the oven, the crunchier it gets.
- Remove and serve.
Isabel Mascarenhas recipe from the To Comendo blog https://tocomendo.com.br/pizza-de-lentilha/