Warm quinoa salad (with flavoured olive oil dressing)
Recipe by Kansha - Cozinha Vegetariana Restaurant
Address: Rua São João de Deus, 21 RC/DTO 2495-456 Fátima, Portugal
Contact number: 249 413 633
For the hot part:
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 small hokkaido pumpkin
- 8 brown mushrooms
- Salt, black pepper and olive oil to taste
- Dry thyme to taste
- Parsley to taste
For the salad:
- 2 lettuce leaves in julienne
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 grated beet
- 1 cup of grated cabbage
- 1 cup grated red cabbage
- 8 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Apple cider vinegar to taste
For flavoured olive oil:
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 bunch of rosemary
- 1 bunch of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Prepare the flavoured olive oil, adding all the ingredients. This process must be carried out in advance. This oil can be used in several confections.
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C. Cut the hokkaido pumpkin into cubes. Place on a tray, season with salt, olive oil and dry thyme. Bake for 20 minutes or until toasted.
- Heat a pan and lightly toast the quinoa. Remove to a strainer and rinse with cold water. Let it drain for a few minutes (this process helps to remove the bitter taste of the quinoa and the one that remains loose after cooking). Put the pan back on the stove with a drizzle of olive oil, add the quinoa, sauté again, add twice as much boiling water and season to taste with salt. Cook over low heat until the water disappears. Turn to a wide tray and stir with a fork, to loosen the grains well.
- Cut the mushrooms into small pieces. In a frying pan, place a drizzle of flavored olive oil and sauté the mushrooms. Add the roasted pumpkin and then the quinoa. Season with freshly ground black pepper and check the salt.
- Assembling the dish: add the salad ingredients to a serving dish and mix well. Divide by 4 plates or bowls. Place the quinoa mixture in the center. Finish with a little olive oil, mixed with apple cider vinegar and chopped parsley.
Suggestion: the ingredients that accompany the quinoa may vary with the season.