100% plant-based adaptation of the traditional Portuguese fish dish (monkfish pasta). In this recipe, tempeh replaces the fish very well, making this dish an extremely rich, tasty, and very nutritious meal. Perfect to accompany with a glass of white wine and some fluffy bread.
Serves 6 people
- 300 grams of tempeh, cut into cubes
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 250 grams of ripe, chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup of white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 350 grams of fusilli pasta, shells, or “elbows”
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon of sweet pepper
- 1 teaspoon of saffron
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 5 cups of water
- Olive oil, to taste
- In a large saucepan, place a drizzle of olive oil and sauté the onion with the garlic and bay leaves.
- Add the tomato and boil 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tempeh, pepper, white wine, saffron, sweet pepper, season with salt and pepper and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add water, pasta, and coriander. Adjust seasonings, bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Serve, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and garnish with more coriander leaves.
Original recipes and images Flor, Comidamor blog https://www.instagram.com/p/CEwj6XQMwmC/