A super simple and tasty recipe: spaghetti with tomato sauce and hummus, served with olives and basil. It is a dish that can be served cold or hot and that is a must for Italian food lovers.
- ½ cup of humus * (130g)
- ⅓ cup of tomato paste (or tomato pulp) (85g)
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- ½ teaspoon of pepper paste
- Spaghetti pasta (150g)
- Black olives (~ 1/3 cup)
- Fresh basil
- Put pasta to boil in boiling water with a pinch of salt for 8-10 minutes.
- In a bowl mix the hummus with the tomato paste, organs and pepper mass.
- Meanwhile drain the pasta and rinse with cold running water. You can add a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt to the dough. Add the hummus and tomato sauce to the dough and mix well.
- Add sliced olives to taste and basil leaves.
Recipe and images by Francisca Mendes from Green Delights blog