Another recipe from the Summer Recipes series! This time I bring you a super flavorful and fresh suggestion from Oksana from the blog Dicas da Oksi.
For those who do not know, gazpacho, it is a cold soup which does not need to be cooked or heated. It is typical of summer and prepared with seasonal ingredients, such as ripe tomatoes and cucumbers. It can be eaten with a spoon but also drunk from a cup! It is perfectly refreshing on hot days, and it can be a starter, a main meal or even a snack.
As it is a very light soup it is perfectly paired with croutons. Alternatively, to give it a crunch, you can also serve it with roasted seeds (pumpkin, sunflower ...).
For simple recipes such as these it is crucial to choose good quality products.
Servings: 3 servings
- 600 gr “raw” tomato, very ripe, roughly cut
- 1 red pepper, coarsely sliced
- 1 cucumber (without skin), coarsely cut
- ½ onion, cut coarsely
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 + 1 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 slices of crusty bread, diced
- Oregano to taste
- Basil for garnish (optional)
- Place the tomato and cucumber in a blender (or large pot / container, using a magic wand). Turn on the blender and process until creamy (it may be necessary to stop and mix the ingredients).
- Add the peppers, onions, garlic cloves, vinegar, olive oil (3 tablespoons), salt and oregano. Process again until very creamy and refrigerate.
- For croutons, heat a frying pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sauté the bread until golden brown, stirring several times.
- Once golden, turn off and heat and season with oregano and a pinch of salt. Mix well,
- Serve the gazpacho with the croutons, ending with basil or other fresh herbs.
Recipe and images from the blog Dicas da Oksi https://dicasdaoksi.pt/gaspacho-com-croutons/