It is called the "Olivier Salad" in Russia, Ukraine, Iran and the United States. In Brazil it is known as "mayonnaise salad". In Portugal it is simply the preferred salad for light and fresh summer lunches and is known as the good Russian Salad or Macedonia. Practical and easy to prepare, the Russian salad is a blend of colorful vegetables cut into cubes and greens (such as lettuce, spinach, etc.), wrapped in mayonnaise.
Serves 2 people
For the salad
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into cubes
- 200 grams of baby carrots (or 1 medium carrot cut into cubes)
- 300 grams of frozen peas
- 250 grams of green beans
- 100 grams of cauliflower and / or broccoli (optional)
- Leaves of lettuce and / or spinach, to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
For the Soy Mayo
- 150 ml of soy milk
- 200 ml grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp of dried herbs (optional)
- Cut the potatoes and carrots into cubes of about one centimeter.
- Prepare the cauliflower or broccoli and cut them into small florets.
- Cut the green beans and remove the peas from the freezer.
- Use two pots of boiling water and season with salt moderately. Let the carrots boil for a few minutes and add the potatoes and finally the cauliflower and / or broccoli. In the other pan boil the peas and the green beans. Let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Wash the lettuce (and / or spinach) well and break it into small pieces.
- Prepare the mayonnaise: In a tall bowl, combine all the ingredients and beat with the magic wand until a cream is obtained. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- In a salad bowl, combine all the vegetables and add the mayonnaise.
- Wrap slowly, season with salt and pepper in moderation.
- Refrigerate for a few minutes.
- Serve cold with more oregano (optional).