Who said vegetarians don't eat "tuna"? With this suggestion we show you a 100% plant-based alternative to fish that you can easily find in various vegan food stores - such as Pistácio, Green Beans or Easy Green, for instance.
A practical, fresh, light and very tasty recipe - ideal for Summer meals. Another very Portuguese dish made completely cruelty-free.
- 850 g chickpeas or black eyed beans , cooked
- 200 g of boiled potatoes, cut into cubes
- 70 g red onion or celery, chopped
- 100 g red peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 package vegan tuna (it can be Good Catch or Boatman for instance)
- freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice or vinegar
- 2 tbsp of fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Cook the potatoes cut into cubes with the chickpeas (or black eyed beans).
- When cooked, drain them well in a colander and rinse with water to cool slightly.
- Chop the onion, peppers and parsley.
- In a salad bowl, start by adding all the ingredients: potatoes, chickpeas, peppers, onions, parsley and vegetable tuna.
- Season with salt, pepper, oil and vinegar or lemon juice.
- Wrap well and serve still warm.