In honor of Saint Anthony's Day, I decided to try something new vegan “sardines”. And the truth is… I got a dish with all that sea flavour and no animal cruelty.
- block of tofu, cut into slices
- White pepper
- garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- a little bit of sweet pepper
- soy sauce
- lemon juice
- nori seaweed
- salt flower
- For the “sardine”, I used tofu (for its versatility). I left it to marinate for a few hours with white pepper, garlic powder, bay leaf, a little bit of sweet pepper, soy sauce and lemon juice.
- While the “sardines” were marinating and absorbing all the flavours I prepared the side dishes: boiled potatoes and prepared a salad of grilled peppers and red onion.
- Then that simple trick: I rolled the tofu slices in Nori seaweed (great source of iodine), which will give the flavour to the sea.
- Finally, just got to grill our “sardines”.
- During the process, I brushed with the marinade sauce to make them juicy and put a little salt flower on top to give that “typical touch”. The result is fantastic, beyond what I was expecting I strongly recommend you to try this recipe.