A few days ago I was tempted to buy some burgers but the urge passed as soon as I looked at their price. 6 € for only 2 burgers!!! Wow! In fact what made me not bring them was not even the price, it was the long list of ingredients. I decided that with the same 6€ i would buy good natural ingredients and make them at home. Do you know how many burgers I made? 36! Today I share with you the recipe but the quantities to make only six.
This recipe for white beans and beetroot burgers is just deliciously succulent and juicy. Easy, quick, with simple ingredients these burgers are flavorful and rich in proteins, good carbs and fiber.
Makes 6 burgers
- 400 g of cooked and drained white beans
- 10 g of powdered beets
- 85 g of rice flour
- 30 g rolled oats
- 30 g of nutritional yeast or brewer's yeast
- 20 g extra virgin olive oil
- Smoked sweet pepper to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- In a food processor, grind the beans well and then move them to a bowl.
- To the beans we will add all the remaining ingredients and wrap well. As soon as a homogeneous dough is formed, burgers should be placed in the refrigerator for an hour.
- When the time is over, brush them with oil and placed in the oven at 180ºC, 15 minutes on each side.
- When turning the burgers be careful as they are very fragile. When they are removed from the oven they will be soft but it is best to let them cool down a little before handling them.
- I served mine between two slices of baked sweet potato, red onion, lettuce and tomatoes. When they were still in the oven, and in the last few minutes, I added a slice of vegan cheese on top of each one.
Note: If you don't have powdered beets, you can use cooked and well drained beets. In that case they will have to use more quantity, 40 g arrives.