This peppermint and pea soup is one of the most comforting and perfect meals for dinner. In addition to being quick and easy, it is light and highly nutritious. Pepper mint, combined with cumin, gives it an exotic and fragrant flavour.
Serves: 2 - 4 servings
- 500 g peas (can use frozen)
- 1.2 L water
- 1 handful of mint leaves
- 1 onion
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 cube vegetable stock
- 1 or 2 tsp cumin coffee
- olive oil , salt and pepper (optional) to taste
- Start by peeling and slicing the onion and garlic. You can cut them into large pieces. Separate the mint leaves from the stems and set aside.
- Put the onion, garlic and mint in a pan with a generous drizzle of olive oil. Bring to medium heat and sauté for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add peas, vegetable stock, cumin, and salt to taste. Sauté for another 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add the water. Let it cook for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are very tender. Grind everything with a magic wand. Enjoy your food!