Easy Vegan and Gluten free veggie patties made with chickpea flour. Rich in carbohydrates, vitamins A and C, iron, phosphorus and proteins.
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 6 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp brewer’s yeast
- salt, Indian saffron, sweet pepper and black pepper, to taste
- ½ cups of water
- 1 onion
- half sprig of parsley and coriander
- 1 strip of red pepper
- 1 small carrot
- olive oil, to taste
- Drain the chickpeas well (if using canned chickpeas, rinse).
- Mix the grain, cornstarch, flaxseed, brewer’s yeast (if using), a little salt and spices; stir in half a cup of water (or broth) and grind in the processor or blender until a thick batter has been obtained.
- Finely chop the onion, parsley, coriander and pepper; grate the carrot. Add to batter and wrap well. If necessary, add a little more cornstarch
- Heat a nonstick skillet with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook the patties on both sides until golden brown, turning with a spatula.