Bean burgers are that classic vegan recipe, aren't they? They are super practical to keep in the freezer, rich in protein, healthy and always so tasty.
Makes: 6 burgers
- 1 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp seeds ground flax-seed
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
1. In a food processor grind all ingredients for the burger. If you prefer, you can manually crush the beans with a fork, finely chop the onion, garlic and walnuts and finally mix all the ingredients. With wet hands mold the burgers.
2. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Add the burgers and cook for a few minutes, when toasted turn it over and cook on the other side. Remove the burger from the heat and repeat the process.
3. Suggestion: Serve the burger on bread with lettuce, tomato, avocado and red onion (raw or caramelized).