Warm and comforting, tofu Strogonoff with mushrooms, a classic dish that is quick, filing, easy to make for any night of the week.
- 500 g diced tofu
- 6 large laminated brown mushrooms (300 g)
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cup unsweetened soy drink (250 mL)
- 2 teaspoons of arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp + 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dehydrated oregano
- In a medium-size saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté the onion in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook until they lose all the water (about 4 minutes on medium-high heat and 3 minutes on high heat).
- Reduce to medium-high heat and add the tofu, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder and oregano. Stir and cook for 5 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Meanwhile, prepare the homemade cream.
- To do this, put the arrowroot flour, the pinch of salt and the soy drink in a small bowl and mix well with a teaspoon.
- After 5 minutes, add this mixture to the pan and stir well. Let it cook for 1 minute.
- Move again and reduce to medium-low heat. Then cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Open, stir and serve!