Besides its exotic and comforting flavour, a good curry is always a pretty fulfilling meal. In this particular recipe, the seitan, along with the spinach, are a great source of protein, iron, and a variety of other nutrients. Enjoy the burst of Indian flavours from the spices, and have fun experimenting with other vegetables that can enhance the flavours of your curry, like green peas. Easy vegan flavorsoume curry made with nutritious and high protein seitan, perfectly served on a bed of basmati rice
Serves 4 people
- 500 g Seitan
- 1 small red pepper
- 1/3 cup (80 g) spinach
- 2 cups (400 ml) coconut milk
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp curry powder
- cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
- olive oil and salt to taste
- basmati rice, to taste
- Start by preparing some basmati rice. While it cooks, cut the seitan in small cubes or stripes. Peel the onion and the garlic, and cut them in pieces that don’t need to be small, along with the red pepper.
- Pour a dash of olive oil into a pan and take it to medium heat. Add the onion, the garlic, and the red pepper. Let them sauté for some minutes until the onion turns golden, and the red pepper becomes softer. With a hand blender, blend it all until you get a paste.
- Add the spices: the garam masala, the turmeric, the curry, and the cayenne pepper if using - Also add the salt. Mix well with the paste and let them release the fragrances. Add the seitan and the spinach, blending all well for a couple of minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and let it simmer on medium-low heat for about 15 to 20 minutes. Have a taste in the middle and correct the seasonings if necessary. Enjoy!
Recipe by The Insta Vegan (get the full recipes cookbook with 50% off at Veond here: https://veondapp.com/shop/health-nutrition/355/the-lazy-vegan-cookbook)