Comfort food at its best - a "one-pot" pasta dish that is delicious, nutritionally complete, easy and quick to make. Also rich in carbohydrates, fiber and protein.
- 1 and ½ onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 8 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2/3 of wholegrain or gluten-free spaghetti (330g)
- 500g cooked chickpeas
- 1000mL of water
- 1 large cup of coarsely chopped fresh basil (40g)
- 1 tbsp dehydrated basil
- ½ tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 and ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp arrowroot flour
- In a large pan sauté over medium-high heat the onion and olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes and tomato paste, stir and simmer for 4 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Open the pan, add water and 1 teaspoon salt. Stir and raise to high heat until boiling.
- Break the spaghetti in half and add it to the pan. Reduce to medium-high heat, stir with a fork and cover. Let it cook for 4 minutes.
- Open the pan, stir with a fork, reduce to medium heat and cover, letting it cook for 4 minutes.
- Open the pan again, stir with a fork, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Open, add the chickpeas, basil and seasonings (1 and ½ teaspoon salt, pepper, dried basil, garlic powder and smoked paprika), stir well and raise to high heat until boiling, stirring constantly. Reduce to medium heat and cook for 3 minutes with the pan covered.
- Open, add the arrowroot flour (which will work as a thickener) and wrap very well with two forks so that the spaghetti do not stick together.
- Reduce to medium-low heat, cover and wait two minutes.
- Open pan, rewrap with both forks and serve immediately.