A Moroccan inspired dish that is warming, nourishing, healthy and perfect for the colder Winter days. A delicious and healthy stew ready in less than 30 minutes. Super high in fiber, Vitamin A and C. A perfect Meat Free Monday dish!
- 2 large onions
- 2 clove of garlic
- 6 green courgettes (or zucchinis)
- 2 large tomatoes or 1 large can of diced tomatoes
- 100 g of mushrooms (optional)
- 1 small can of sweetcorn (optional)
- 250 grams of cooked chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil, for cooking
- fresh coriander, to garnish
- Peel and thinly slice the onions, peel and chop the garlic cloves, clean and slice the courgettes and mushrooms.
- In a large skillet, drizzle about 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Fry the onion until softened for about 2 minutes, add in the garlic and zucchini and simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms and let it simmer on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add in the chickpeas, sweet corn and tomatoes with juice (or some vegetable stock) and stir.
- Add in spices and season to your liking.
- Stir again and cover to continue cooking on low heat for 5-8 minutes until the courgettes soften slightly. (without overcooking them to mush).
- Sprinkle with some fresh coriander leaves.