This paté reminds one of the most typical seafood patés in Portugal, usually served with freshly toasted bread. In this case, there is no seafood involved, nor any animal base ingredient. 100% plant-based deliciousness 😋
- 1 cup of cashews, soaked
- 1 cup of water
- ½ red pepper, oven roasted
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ lemon, juice
- 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Smoked paprika, to taste
- Start by soaking the cashews for at least 1 hour.
- Then grill or roast the red pepper.
- Place all ingredients in the food processor and grind (including 1/4 cup of water) until creamy and smooth.
- Spread on bread or crackers and accompany with a nice glass of white wine.
Recipe and image by Comidamor Blog