A typical Portuguese recipe, completely veganized and full of flavour. It is simple, requires only a few basic ingredients and is very easy to make. The perfect dinner for a "meatless" (and "fishless"!) Monday.
- 300 gr portobello mushrooms (4 large mushrooms, one per person)
- 500 gr of paris or chestnut mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 150 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic heads
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 900 gr of baby or new potatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- Chopped parsley
- Start by washing the potatoes well and pierce them gently with a fork. Put them in a baking dish and cover them with salt. Bake them at 180 ° C for 35 min.
- In the meantime, wash the mushrooms thoroughly. Start by removing the stems from the 4 portobello mushrooms. Cut the remaining mushrooms into quarters.
- Crush the garlic heads.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and cover them with 150 ml olive oil and spread the crushed garlic and bay leaves over the plate and season with ground black pepper.
- Put the potatoes back in the oven for another 5 minutes with the 4 portobello mushrooms.
- Meanwhile, sauté the remaining quartered mushrooms in a frying pan for 5 minutes to lose water.
- Remove the potatoes and portobello mushrooms from the oven.
- Start assembling the dishes : place one portobello mushroom on each plate, add the other sautéed mushrooms and add the potatoes (to be "pounded" with a fork) on top.
- Sprinkle each plate with chopped parsley and serve warm with olive oil and garlic from the baking dish
- Serve with a good green salad.