Comfort food at its best - This Vegan Mac and cheese is indulgent, incredibly creamy and full of plant flavour. You won’t believe how delicious a dairy-free mac and cheese can be.
- 100 gr pasta “macaroni”
- 400 ml oat cream
- Olive oil , to taste
- 5 Slices Spicy Cheese by Violife
- Cornstarch, to taste
- Handful of spinach
- Salt and Black pepper, to taste
- Put the pasta in a pan and boil in abundant water, with salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Let the pasta cook at about 2/3 of the cooking time, since it goes to the oven to gratin the pasta ends up being as desired as Al-Dente. Remove and reserve. Put a little more olive oil so that the pasta does not stick.
- While the pasta is baking, quickly place the oat cream in a small pan and when it is hot add the chopped Spicy Violife slices.
- When the cheese is almost 100% melted and incorporated with the oat cream mix everything with the magic wand. It will automatically turn bright orange.
- Rectify with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and pour a little soaked cornstarch in cold water, around a teaspoon to thicken a little.
- Mix everything and rectify the seasonings again, everything must be tasted and the oven preheated to 230ºC with Original Grated Violife (you can use this one or the Grated Mozzarella by Violife). Leave in the oven until the cheese has an irresistible color.
- Remove from the oven, put some raw spinach leaves to give it a fresh touch and stir vigorously to incorporate the spinach. It is ready to eat.