Deciding to adopt a vegan lifestyle is one of the most amazing and compassionate things you can do. This is a great achievement, both personally and for the future of our planet. So if you are reaching the end of the January Vegan challenge, or if you have been trying to adopt this lifestyle for almost 30 days, our heartfelt congratulations 💚
If you are about to finish a whole month of vegan diet, you may be asking yourself: “what do I do now, how can I continue without all the support I received in that first month?”
Well, that's why we're here! We want to help you continue the incredible progress you've made so far.
- Keep your motives fresh in your mind – Was it health? Ethical issues? Concerns about the future of the planet? Remember what made you want to change and focus on that every day.
- Take it slow, be kind and do it at your own pace - We all have different rhythms and while some can make big changes overnight and stick to them day after day, others may take longer and need to make changes in smaller steps. There is no right approach, so try to find what works best for you.
- Explore dishes from cultures where meat (or animal protein) is not so important - Examples: Chinese, Indian, Thai and Italian.
- Substitute and don't restrict yourself - it's easy to get into a spiral of “I can't eat this”, “I can't eat that”. For everything you remove from your diet, add something else in its place (example: remove chicken and replace it with tempeh, remove red meat and replace it with seitan, which is a plant-based meat high in protein and fat free, made from vital wheat gluten, and so on…)
- Make your health a priority – Focus on a wholefoods plant-based diet and avoid all UPF (ultra-processed foods) currently on the market. Don't go on the tempting journey of trying every new artificial product just because it's Vegan or Plant-based - focus on foods that are good for you but also for the planet.
- Plan your meals ahead of the week and replenish your pantry - Planning is key to success, so having a few recipes in mind and stocking your pantry with essentials like pulses, pasta and rice will help you get on the right track.
- Follow profiles of people who inspire you to do more and better - social networks are full of chefs, nutritionists and even sportspeople demonstrating day after day their creations in the kitchen and how easy it is to follow this lifestyle.
Embrace this new lifestyle as much as you can and enjoy every moment. No judgments or criticisms. Remember you are doing something to improve your health, the future of the planet and to save the life of animals.
If you need more help and information, you know you can count on us. We have several articles and solutions that can help you on this path towards a fuller, tasty and more conscious life.
- Principles and Benefits of a Vegan Diet
- How to follow a healthy and balanced diet
- Diet Change Not Climate Change - Together saving the planet
Also, find hundreds of easy to follow recipes on our blog and share your creations with us.
XX Veond 💚